By Frederick Courteney Selous
- associated desk of Contents
- Illustrated with thirteen photos and photos
With a Foreword by means of President Theodore Roosevelt
"Mr. Selous is the final of the big-game hunters of South Africa; the final of the robust hunters whose stories lay within the maximum looking floor which this international has visible when you consider that civilized guy has seemed therein."
"His e-book is a real contribution to searching lore and to typical heritage. it's going to be welcomed via each lover of the chase and by means of each guy who cares for the wild, loose lifetime of the desolate tract. it's going to be no much less welcome to all who're attracted to the main bold and fascinating of the beasts that stay in our global today."
--- Theodore Roosevelt
DAILY TELEGRAPH.—"This intensely fascinating quantity isn't just as fascinating as any ebook of experience, yet packed from conceal to hide with important evidence and theories that no different dwelling guy may speak with equivalent authority."
EVENING STANDARD.—"It is very unlikely to provide greater than a truly moderate concept of the wealth of curiosity there's during this quantity for hunters and naturalists alike. From conceal to hide it truly is filled with considerate commentary and image description."
COUNTRY LIFE.—"There isn't really a web page during this well-written and deeply-informed e-book which can't be studied with excitement and revenue by means of the common reader. To the guy who is aware Africa the quantity is very fascinating from conceal to hide. it truly is destined, we've got no doubt, to be numbered one of the classics of African literature."
- bankruptcy I: Notes at the Questions Of protecting colour, acceptance Marks, And The effect Of setting On dwelling Organisms
- bankruptcy II: extra Notes at the Questions Of protecting colour, popularity Marks, And The impression Of setting On residing Organisms
- bankruptcy III, IV & V: Notes at the Lion
- bankruptcy VI: Notes at the noticed Hyena
- bankruptcy VII: Notes On Wild canine And Cheetahs
- bankruptcy VIII: Extinction And Diminution Of online game In South Africa — Notes at the Cape Buffalo
- bankruptcy IX: Notes at the Tse-Tse Fly
- bankruptcy X: Notes at the Black Or Prehensile-Lipped Rhinoceros
- bankruptcy XI: Notes at the Giraffe
- bankruptcy XII & XIII: A trip To Amatongaland looking for Inyala
- bankruptcy XIV: Notes at the Gemsbuck
- bankruptcy XV: a few Curious looking Experiences
- bankruptcy XVI: extra Curious looking Experiences
- bankruptcy XVII: Incidents Of A trip in the course of the Northern Kalahari
- bankruptcy XVIII: The final Of South Africa's online game Haunts
- bankruptcy XIX: How I Spent Christmas Day 1879
- bankruptcy XX: Notes at the Masarwa: The Bushmen Of the internal Of South Africa
Read or Download African Nature Notes and Reminiscences (Illustrated) PDF
Best adventurer & explorer biographies books
It is a mother's tale approximately elevating her boys in Alaska have been wasteland is simply out the again door in their domestic. Written with wit, knowledge, and a thankful middle, a young Distance offers fifteen finely-crafted vignettes that discover the perils and joys of elevating fearless boys from toddlerhood to younger males.
Grand voyageur, fou d’Asie et de religions orientales, Émile Guimet (1836-1918), fondateur du célèbre musée Guimet, est l’héritier d’une grande famille d’industriels lyonnais. Musicien et écrivain, ce collectionneur avisé mena plusieurs vies de entrance au provider de sa ardour pour l’Orient. Autodidacte, il sera à los angeles fois président de musée, savant reconnu, tout en se consacrant, lorsqu’il n’est pas dans son usine de Bleu Guimet, à Fleurieu-sur-Saône, aux sciences religieuses et à l’archéologie… Connaît-on parcours plus enrichissant ?
Homesteading within the desolate tract of Alaska. .. Duane Ose moved to Alaska on a whim approximately 30 years in the past, after surviving a gunshot wound to the pinnacle. He and his spouse Rena have been the final individuals to dossier a declare lower than the Federal domicile Act of 1862—for a bit of estate Duane describes as “a big, fertile backyard bowl, cupped warmly in God’s loving palms.
This interesting Autobiography of Conrad and Myrtle Baehr describes their lifestyles, project, imaginative and prescient, and repair for the Lord.
- Deep Powder and Steep Rock: The Life of Mountain Guide Hans Gmoser
- Mind of a Survivor: What the wild has taught me about survival and success
- El Trotamundos (El Trotamundos - Serie nº 1) (Spanish Edition)
- Commander and Builder of Western Forts: The Life and Times of Major General Henry C. Merriam, 1862-1901
- Al Sieber: Chief of Scouts
Additional resources for African Nature Notes and Reminiscences (Illustrated)
African Nature Notes and Reminiscences (Illustrated) by Frederick Courteney Selous